Rules for decorating windows with food replicas
Rules for decorating windows will help make them more attractive. But only if plastic food replicas are placed correctly, they perform their primary function: increasing your restaurant’s profits.
According to the research of Japanese analysts, fake food dishes boost profit by 120% (sometimes even by 200% and 300%).
Have you decided to buy plastic food replicas? You made the right choice! The next step toward customer attraction will be the proper window dressing.
Basic rules for decorating windows
1. Choose the right place for fake food items
Fake food items on display should guide visitors to the entrance of your restaurant, bar, or café. When the opportunity to try tasty dishes that they have just seen on display is so close, they can’t resist the temptation to go inside.
To put plastic food models on display you may use:
- special stationary display case
- establishment’s window
- portable display case
- display case inside the establishment
- tables at the entrance to the establishment
- stand at the entrance
2. Provide bright lighting
In bright light fake food dishes look more appetizing. Brightly lit windows attract attention of your potential customers from a distance.
Lighting can be of two types:
- continuous lighting with fluorescent lamps
- small spotlights directed at every dish
3. Place plastic food replicas at an angle of 45-60 degrees
Angle and place are key points affecting sales. The correct angle at which plastic food items are displayed results in a 40 percent increase in profit.
4. Arrange fake food dishes in groups
- Main dishes, salads, drinks, desserts… Customer will easily find the dish he wants. This means that the time for ordering a meal decreases and you serve more customers per day.
- Plastic food models arranged in groups look more attractive.
5. Place cards with information about the dish in front of fake food items
What should we write on the card:
- Name of the dish
- Price of the dish
It is the quickest way to tell the visitor about the expected expenses and remove any uncertainty before going to your food-serving establishment.
- Caloric value of the dish (you can attract customers who look after their health)
- Information about ingredients and best features of the dish
- Description of the dish should be mouth-watering and it should whet the appetite
- Use numbers in descriptions. The power of numbers has a magical effect on the customer
6. Keep plastic food replicas clean
- If plastic food models in the window are dirty, the customer is likely to think that it is also dirty inside the food-serving establishment
- Clean fake food items reflect light and the dish looks more natural and appetizing
Additional tricks in window dressing which increase sales by another 30%
1. Examples of table settings look spectacular in window dressing.
instance, you can demonstrate a prix fixe lunch. It is an effective way to attract customers in the business area because in this case they don’t need to waste time on choosing a dish for a full business lunch.
2. Put the most beautiful dish in the centre.
Put a plastic replica of the signature dish in the centre of the window, and make sure that it has become the most popular dish.
3. Place discount information in the window.
Discounts can be:
- On individual dishes
- On drinks
- At a certain time (lunchtime)
- On a prix fixe lunch
- Also: when ordering a certain dish, customers can get a free drink.
Discount information should be written in large print, in red and orange colours. Colour selection in decorating windows and interiors significantly affects sales.
4. Mark the most popular dishes in the window.
- Popular dishes inspire confidence and attract customers. If your food-serving establishment has dishes that are frequently ordered, it means they are delicious and of high quality and you can be trusted.
- Most ordered dishes are marked by special flags. Bright flags say that these are the most popular desserts.
5. Decorate windows with additional elements.
Additional elements can brighten the window considerably.
These can be:
- Posters in the background
- Drinks (plastic replicas or bottles with real drinks)
- Sauces and decorative elements
It is best if the window demonstrates a wide assortment.
6. Add seasonal or holiday decorations to the window dressing to create a festive atmosphere!
Try to change decorations:
- For every holiday
- For every significant event of the city or your establishment
- For every season